Brand Protection on Amazon.com: Knowing the Basics for your Business (Part 1)
When a brand is established, it is highly important to protect it, as it is now easier than ever for counterfeiters to sell unauthorized products online. As technology evolves, and your brand increases its popularity, there is a higher risk for infringement on copyright, trademark, or patents. Additionally, if a brand doesn’t use IP protection, they may miss out on a substantial source of revenue, as other individuals have the right to use the brand’s information to sell for themselves.
Learn the basics of brand protection on Amazon.com with attorneys CJ Rosenbaum & Rob Segall of Rosenbaum Famularo, PC.
Get answers about:
– What is the best way for sellers to start developing their own brand?
– How can a seller get this process started?
– What are the benefits of having a trademark and brand registry?
– Does Amazon treat sellers who have brand registry differently?
– What are the highlights of having brand registry on Amazon?
– The first steps a seller needs to do if interested in brand protection.
Watch more of our videos on brand protection on our YouTube channel.
Under the rights of intellectual property, a seller can file for copyright, trademarks and patents to protect their work. All of this information is very useful for the modern seller, whether on Amazon, Etsy, eBay, Alibaba, or any other ecommerce platform. You should know your rights and how to obtain and maintain them.